[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Plant Safe Medications

Subject: Re:plant safe medications?

> This evening, however, I noticed that all three Clown Loaches have
> Ichthyophthirius!  My first case of Ick in 7 or 8 years.  I immediatly beg
> treating the tank with Aquari-Sol, a preparation which contains "Zycosin-
> soluble copper salts". I used this medication because the label said it wa
> safe for plants.
>
> I would like to know if Aquari-Sol is *really* safe for plants?

Copper is _very_ toxic to some plants, while others seem fairly tolerant.
The ones I know to be copper sensitive are Valisneria, Sagitaria, Ludwigia
and Java Moss.  The ones that I know are tolerant of at least low levels are
Java Fern, Anubias, Cryptocoryne, Bolbitis, Rotala, Hygrophila and
Aponogetons.  Other people may be able to add to these lists.  I believe,
however, that I've read that Loaches are sensitive to copper based
medications.