[Prev][Next][Index]

Better late than never - Re: Diffusion

> From: Stephen.Pushak at hcsd_hac.com
> Date: Sun, 27 Aug 95 14:56:02 PDT
>
> Look at it another way. Aquatic plants grow in natural conditions without
> benefit of heating coils and undergravel filters and in compact
> substrates.

Puh-leese.  Let's not even discuss the "natural conditions" of plants.
Nature has a way of changing all the water all the time in a river and
the ratio of plants to water is a *bit* different. Diffusion in deep
lakes is irrelevant since aquarium-type plants are all shallow water
plants.  Anyway, the majority of the plants you buy are from Florida
plant farms grown in outdoor concrete ponds, not "nature".

Let's not drag nature into our discussion; it has no meaning here.
We are providing a highly artificial environment and are trying to
achieve highly artificial results.

George