[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #266

>> However, the mixing and mashing ala the Jim Kelly article on 'the
>> Krib' breaks up the alignment of the clay grains, creating more
>> porosity and space for fluid flow - so roots can access an oxygenated
>> environment richer in nutrients.

Would someone please point me to this substrate recipe, or post same? I can
find a Jim Kelly article about tests using a combination of Yolo river loam
and vermiculite but not any mention of mashing or a full list of
ingredients and ratios.

Yesterday, I checked out some possible materials, including "sandy loam"
and washed river sand and am wondering if they'd fill the bill. The river
sand is a pretty ugly grey and I'm wondering if there's something lighter
and yellower I could use.

Thanks.

Greg. Tong
gtong at sirius_com

"Often, the things that change are less interesting than those that stay
the same."--Aaron Fleisher