[Prev][Next][Index]

re:New Light Setup

>From: krandall at world_std.com (Karen A Randall)
>Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 09:24:08 -0400
>Re: New light setup
>
>I don't think it's possible to put "too much" flourescent light over a tank.
> Just remember that you have to supplement CO2 and trace elements in high
>light conditions to keep the tank in balance.  If you don't want to do that,
>you need to stick with less light, and low-light tolerant plants.

Karen, are you saying that you *need* CO2 and and trace elements to
keep a tank in balance if you have high light?  To, me, it seems you
are implying that without CO2 and trace elements, you cannot cultivate
high-light plants.  My experience is that it is possible to use high
light in a low-tech tank, but you do need to keep the fish load down
and ensure that the nutrient levels in the tank don't get high enough
to cause an algae problem.

-Shaji
 Shaji Bhaskar,                                             bhaskar at bnr_ca
 BNR, 35 Davis Dr., RTP, NC 27709, USA                      (919) 991 7125