[Prev][Next][Index]

Exploding diy Co2 containers

   After reading the posts about diy Co2 bottles exploding because of
blocked air
stones. I have started using a blow off valve. I have spliced a tee into the
line from the Co2 bottle to the air stone. A tube is connected to the tee
and with a weight connected on the other end I placed it in the corner of
the aquarium right on the top of the gravel. Now if the air stone is fouled
the excess pressure in the bottle will escape by the blow off tube. The
ammount of pressure is determined by the depth of the tank, in my
application that is about 16" of water column (.57 psi)

Doug Bardell (dallenb at feldspar_com)
Subury Ont. Can.