[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #224

I think I need some help.  As I see it, plants need:

LIGHT, CO2, N/P/K, trace elements (Fe, Zn, Co, Mn.....)

I have my tank getting close to the complement of plants I want and still no
bubbles.  I have a 2L CO2 reactor which is basically a big bubble of CO2.  It
passes about 1-1.5L/day into the water.

The light does not produce bubbles in the plant foliage, even the parts that
are right at the surface and VERY brightly lit.

I tried re-dosing the micronutrients lightly, no cigar.

So I am left with too little N?????  Is that likely?  The tank has LOTS of fish
and they are pretty heavily fed.  I change 25% water about every 10 days.  Am I
changing too much?   Maybe P or K?   Should I take a sample somewhere for a
high precision test?  Or????

Please advise.   Dave

Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA USA   gomberg at wcf_com