Shaji Bhaskar                                              bhaskar at bnr_ca
BNR, 35 Davis Dr., RTP, NC 27709, USA                      (919) 991 7125

---forwarded message---->

Jul 24 11:36:00 1995

 To:         Shaji (S.)  Bhaskar                (BNR)      Dept 3X12   BNRTP
             'owner-aquatic-plants at actwin_com'                 (BNR400)

 From:       'jcogges at ssp_jsc.nasa.gov'                        (BNR400)

 Subject:    RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #201

> From: mleather at tbdmil_com
>Subject: Co2 question

>        Okay I have decided to move my 80 gallon tank into our family room
>and with the movement to add CO2.  Now I have a couple questions for those
>of you experience in CO2.  What should I estimate as the average cost of a
>CO2 sytem that is low maintance?  And again what should I consider that the
>aerage cost is going to be to keep rechareging the system?

HOWDY EVERYONE !
My first post to this list.
I have been pricing systems in Houston, Tx.  I followed the posts on the net
since Xmas on various homemade systems, Coke bottle and yeast, buying a used
tank, or even a "coke syrup tank thingy" etc... And i finally decided on a
"Tetra C02 injection system",  it was $109.  The tank or really bottle is
small 7ozs.  It costs 3$ there to refill.
I have a 90 gallon tank and the salesman estimated my bottle would last 1-2
months.
This was 29$ more than buying all the parts tank,regulator used or
seperately.  It also contained a very nice C02 chamber system that is quite
attractive compared to what I would have to build.
The salesman told me thou he thought Tetra was discontinueing (sp?) this
product.

John Coggeshall
Proud owner of a 90 Gallon plant tank (48 hours old) + 2 black mollies
(algae patrol)
First report : water cloudy (everyone says thats normal thou)