[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #201

>My 3 Echinodorus Quadricostatus has been putting out its creeping thing and I
>get dozens of plantlet. I now cut that thing off, otherwise plantlets will be
>everywhere. My question is do I cut out the chain that link plantlets and
>mother
>plant or just leave it as it is. Thanks in advance.
>
>rgds..kbkoh

If you cut end of the runner, that will make the existing plantlets grow a
bit bigger and faster than they otherwise would.  If you sever the
connection from the parent plant and the plantlets, the parent plant will
soon send out more runners.  If you always cut runners as soon as you see
them, the parent plants will get bigger than they would if they were
putting their energy into making more plants.  They will keep trying to
send out runners.

Paul Krombholz