[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #197

> From: "David Huie" <David.Huie at Bentley_COM>
>
> As far as the first suggestion is concerned, I agree wholeheartedly,
> but have no idea where to go to get one.  Any suggestions on supply
> houses that sell the right kind of needle valves and what
> specifications I should be looking for when purchasing (including
> price and other technical specs).

If you live near a big city, check in the Yellow Pages under "Valves".
We have one by NuPro (model B-4MG2) that cost $35 and is superb.  We
have another from The ARO Corporation, phone (419) 636-4242, called
the NO1 for about $10, but it's obsolete now and is a little harder to
get adjusted just right, especially in a "manual" system.  Jamil
Zainasheff reports great success with a Parker "N400B-11AC".

> Can anyone sell me on the idea of getting a fully automated system.

Try a manual system first.  Once it's adjusted correctly, it is
probably less trouble than a fully automated system.  You can always
retrofit a controller and solenoid.

> Also, where in the world can I buy these Sandpoint or other reactors?

Try Pet Warehouse (800) 443-1160.  They offer Dupla, Aqualine-Bushke
and Sandpoint. Also ask for their free catalog.

The George