To: Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com
From: bneubauer at mps_org (Bob Neubauer)
Subject: Plant ID

hey all!

A month or so ago I purchased two plants listed as "red Indian lily".
I've searched and haven't found any reference to either the name or
seen this plant in any book as yet.  The store was no help with the
scientific :-(

The plants come from what I can best describe as dark brown woody
"bulbs".  The leaves are a reddish green, somewhat longish
heartshaped, and about 2" to 3" high.  One has sent off several shoots
which became plants of their own.  Root production on the new plants
is good, though the other bulb has no roots whatsoever and much slower
growth and much smaller leaves (dormant phase?).

Does anyone have a clue what I might have here?

Thanks in advance!
Bob N