[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Yeast Explosion

>From: David Randall <76535.2776 at compuserve_com>

> Now my CO2 systems are set up with tubing going from the regulator to the
>needle valve, then to the tank.  That way, with a sudden increase in pressure
>due to either a massive failure, or someone tampering with the valve, the
>"weak" spot is the tubing before the needle valve.  The tubing will burst,
>allowing the CO2 to vent without gassing my fish!

Does anyone know how much volume the 5lbs of CO2 will occupy at atmospheric
pressure?  I wonder if the scenerio above happened while the windows were
closed, would it suffocate people in a small house or apartment?

Hoa

                  Hoa G. Nguyen
NRaD Code 531               Email: nguyenh at nosc_mil
San Diego, CA 92152-7383               Ham:   KF6YP