[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Helping a friend out

Maybe this would have been more appropriate by email, but I'd like to
make beginners feel welcome to post, so I am responding to the list as
a whole.

The best place to start is the plant FAQ, available by anonymous FTP from
ftp.cco.caltech.edu.  Look for the file pub/aquaria/FAQfiles/Usenet/plants.
It answers your questions and  more.

The FAQ contains lots of useful information about growing plants.
Some of the material may be a bit intimidating for a beginner, but
remember that you don't need to go totally high-tech.  3 watts per
gallon of lighting, and CO2 with the yeast method are what I'd
recommend for someone just starting out.

There are WWW pages (URL http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/Krib)
owned by Erik Olson.

-Shaji
Shaji Bhaskar                                              bhaskar at bnr_ca
BNR, 35 Davis Dr., RTP, NC 27709, USA                      (919) 991 7125