[Prev][Next][Index]

ACA

On Mon, 17 Jul 1995 Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com wrote:

> From: WORKINGSW at aol_com

> <<From: Erik Olson <olson at phys_washington.edu>
> Hi.  Some friends conned me into going to the American Cichlid
> Association convention next week in San Jose.  Since there's a certain
> overlap between plant and cichlid enthusiasts (I seem to remember the AGA
> being formed by three people during an ACA conference), I thought I'd ask if
> anybody else is going this year.>>
>
> Ooh!  If you'd kindly share when & where particulars, we'll try to come (San
> Jose is a short hop from Santa Cruz... I assume this is SJ _CA_, not Puerto
> Rico or anything ;-).  Thanks!

The convention runs from Wednesday 7/19 to Sunday 7/23.  It's at the
LeBaron Hotel.  Let's see:  Wednesday not much is happening.  Thursday is
filled up with a trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, with talks on Cichlid
Marketing and Discus at 8:30 PM & study groups at 10 PM.  Friday is about
the same, except with Steinhart aquarium trip, and lectures on
Tanganyikan cichlids and Blackwater Dwarf Cichlids.  (I've got work, so
I'll be showing up sometime around Friday evening).  Saturday is some
more seminars, trade show hours, the dry goods auction, and awards
banquet.  Sunday is the fish auction.

In anticipation of bringing buckets of fish home with me, I am loading
them up with some plant cuttings... Not sure if lots of trading goes on
at these things, but guess I'll find out.

Hope to see you there, Anne.

  - Erik

---
Erik D. Olson					At home.