[Prev][Next][Index]

-No Subject-

From: WORKINGSW at aol_com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 16:56:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Lighting: Duration vs. Intensity

>From: George Booth <booth at hpmtlgb1_lvld.hp.com>

>>Karla mentioned that it's really 10 hours/day if you count the hour
>>the lights are on in the morning for feeding.  Also, there was not an
>>algae "problem", just a little more than we like.
>
>Hello, George - I would like to know more... do you have the lights set for 1
>hour in the AM for feeding (say, 7-8AM), then rest of the lit-time slanted
>heavily towards evening hours (such as 2pm to 11pm) for viewing while you are
>home to enjoy the fish?  I would like to try a schedule like that, but have
>hesitated for fear of stressing the system.
>Thanks for your response -
>--Anne

I have been using this strategy of having the lights come on 1 hour in the a.m.
for feeding before I go to work (8:00-9:00AM), then they come back on again
around 4PM until - 3AM (slanted toward evening schedule for my viewing
pleasure).  I have been doing this for 4-5 years now.  I don't believe there
are
any adverse affects on my fish/plants/aquariums.  And, I also have
successfully kept Discus Fish (which are more sensitive to tank conditions)
for 2 years now.  All of them are healthy and happy. I have 6 Discus (and a lot
of other fish..).

--Jayme
"Heaven  = Fish + Magic (more than a card game) + Music + Shopping + Cars"
jayme_donnelly at percussion_com