[Prev][Next][Index]

re: Enough light?; CO2 safety

>From: Gary Alness <misman at hooked_net>
>Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 06:16:28 -0700
>Subject: Enough Light
>
>I was just wondering if I have enough light for my plant's.
[plant liste deleted]
>They are planted in a 60 gal tank with 1 48" corallife 50/50 and one 18"
>power-glo (Sorry don't remember the maker). Ph is @7.5 temp is 78 deg. I
>give them Kent fresh water plant microneutrient w/iron. There are 3 pair of
>ram's in there also. All plant's seem to be thriving and to me look very
>happy.

Gary, you don't say how long you have had the plants.  If they have
been in your tank for a few months, and are happy, I wouldn't add
lights. I'd buy myself dinner instead. :-)

>From: Earle Hamilton <ehami at sunny_ncmc.cc.mi.us>
>Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 10:29:17 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: CO2 safety

[scary accident info deleted]

>Moral: when transporting any tank of gas the 3000 psi makes it a
>potential disaster. If you have a car, put it in the trunk.  Never let
>the tank get hot by leaving in a closed car.

I appreciate your warning about the possibility of the CO2 cylinder
overheating.

One thing to note, though. Here in North Carolina, welding supply
companies will not let you put a CO2 cylinder in the trunk.  If you
get rear-ended, the cylinder could explode.  It's safer to keep the
cylinder inside the car and make sure it does not get too hot.

-Shaji
Shaji Bhaskar                                              bhaskar at bnr_ca
BNR, 35 Davis Dr., RTP, NC 27709, USA                      (919) 991 7125