[Prev][Next][Index]

new bulb

Hello Y'all:

While browsing the local rag emporium, I happened upon an add in this month's
Aquarium Fish Monthly highlighting what were called (I think) Compact Power
Bulbs.  They seem to be compact flourescents on steroids--96 watts and about
48 inches long.  They have the same fused double glass tubes as their shorter
brethren, but are bigger in both diameter and length.  The electrical pin con-
nections differ, natch.  So, what's the scoop?  Surely, if the scale is repro-
ducible, the light output might be dazzling, no?

--Alan Holloway