[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #170

> Just a wild guess, but maybe the DUPLA product contains a sodium salt
> of EDTA instead of Fe:EDTA, Mn:EDTA etc., i.e. metals already chelated.
> I think that Allgayer and Teton mention this method in their book.
> Another reason not to use DUPLA?

	If I remember my chemistry correctly (and I may not), even after
EDTA has chelated an ion, it still has a negative charge.  So, while the
EDTA is holding Fe, the sodium could be just "hanging out" neutralizing
the charge of EDTA.

Kris
{ I have no respect for a man who can't think }{     Kirsten Hildrum      }
{   of more than one way to spell a word      }{ hildrum at u_washington.edu }
{                   --Andrew Jackson          }{   E-mail for PGP key     }