[Prev][Next][Index]

Echinodorus recomendation for 30XH

I've grown one of the larger Echinodorus species ("Amazon sword") in gravel
in this tank.  This was not a plant tank.  Lighting was two 20W Triton
bulbs.  Very beautiful for about a year and then is melted on me.  I'd like
to try this again, but get rid of the gravel and grow the plant in a pot.
I know this is not exactly the height of plant tankdome, but I view this
more like a potted house plant... and I confess to actually liking the way
a clay pot looks in this setting.

The Amazon sword ( E. amazonia?) grew way too wide.  The height was fine
but it really filled the 2x1x2H foot tank!  I like the E. peruensis but
don't think they will get that big or will they?  Are there any swords in
between?

thanks!

mark

mark stephens                                    "In constraint,
NASA HQ, Code B, 8C57                             is freedom"
300 E St. SW, Washington D.C., 20546-0001
(202) 358-2499       mark.stephens at gsfc_nasa.gov