[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Stomata & Aquatic earthworms!

Hello!

You, stevensj at calshp_cals.wisc.edu, said:

> > From: spush_h at atc-1s_hac.com
> > Date: Tue, 13 Jun 95 18:58:44 PDT
> > Subject: Re: substrate flow rate
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > Too bad we don't have aquatic earthworms! ;-)
> >
> >  - Steve (just a different email address)
> >

> I've heard that you can get Malaysian burrowing snails which seem to do
> a similar job to earthworms.

	These snails are great. I accidently introduced them with some
	plants 5 years ago. It seems that there are a lot of them in my
	tank but the great majority stays invisible in the gravel. I find
	it amazing that they can get _into_ the gravel.
	Maybe these snails are the reason why my tanks gravel lasted 5 years
	(i completely cleaned it in January) without (R)UGF, heating
	cables and gravel vacuuming (that was impossbile because the plants
	grew all over), what so ever...
	As I removed the gravel in January to clean it there were no black
	spots, no H2S.

Regards,
	Lars.

--
Lars Fenneberg, lf at gimli_comlink.de,  Tel.: +49 40 524 42 24
ftz Hamburg eV,  mailbox: CL-HH - +49 40 250 08 90 (3 Ports)