[Prev][Next][Index]

Echinodorus meltdown

I've had two large species of Echinodorus "melt down" on me over the years.
One, a "Rubra", was in a non-undergravel heated, CO2 injected plant tank
and the other, an "Amazon" sword, was in a 30XH, lit by two 20W tritons.
Both did exceptionally well, even the one in the 30XH was really beautiful.
Both melted down after about a year.

I suspect most species of Echinodorus are heavy feeders and in my case they
ran out of nutients in the substrate.  Anybody else experience this?

mark

Mark Stephens                        |   In constraint,
NASA / Goddard Space Flight Center   |   is
code 522, Greenbelt MD  20771        |   freedom.