[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Anubias and high light

> I'm sort of surprised that you've had success keeping echonidorus
> species and anubias together successfully since they have such
> significantly different light requirements.

I think you're confusing "does OK in low light" with "doesn't like
bright light".

Anbuias grow like crazy when given lot's of light, CO2 and nutrients,
just like everything else.  Another "low light" plant that does great
in bright light is Java Fern.

Also, as Karen mentioned, a tank with bright lights will have plenty
of shaded areas due to tall plants.  The E. horemanii in our 120 keeps
the lower 1/3 of the left half in almost total darkness even with 2
175w MH bulbs over the tank.

George