[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: CO2 use

On Wed, 7 Jun 1995 03:39:02 -0400 you wrote:

>By the way, my 1.5 kg CO2 bottle was empty yesterday, which means it
>lasted about one month. Is this good or bad?

Whoa!  Near as I can tell, my 50 tall uses about 1l/day and CO2 weighs
about 2g/l.   So 1.5kg would last me nearly 3 years.   I would suggest
that either a lot is being lost to the atmosphere (and not dissolved
in the water) or that you have a really high CO2 level.

My questions:  What does anyone use for hardware that is easier/less
messy than diy yeast and cheaper than hundreds of $$$?

What evidence is there that any level of CO2 over 10ppm is useful?
More is not necessarily better, you know.

Thanks.  Dave

Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA      gomberg at wcf_com