[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Tropica plants

> From: [Karen] Randall <76535.2776 at compuserve_com>
>
> Sorry, the only source I know for properly ID'd potted plants is
> Tropica, and they are not sold in the U.S.

Tropica has a franchise in California, Horizon Growers (they advertise
in TFH, I believe).

We received an order of "assorted" plants along with the Windelov
book.  The plants weren't labeled "since you can look them up in the
book", they said.  Right.  Most of the plants were grown emersed but
adapted quickly to submersed growth.  The ad implies that the
"assortment" has anubias, crypts and others, but we received only
"others".  If you want something specific, "you have to ask for it",
they said, even though the ad says they only sell assortments.

Good quality plants, though, even though they weren't ID'd.

George