[Prev][Next][Index]

RE: reducing KH with acid

I used Seachems phosphate free acid buffer & then peat (much much much more
effective) to reduce pH.  My tanks are hovering around 6.5-6.8 and I use
CO2 via yeast+sugar & I have noticed a lot of sliminess in my filters jsut
as Micheal mentioned.  Since I've never added acetic acid I don't think
it's due to acetate or anything but I'm wondering if anyone else notices
this & i'd be interested to know if yours goes away for good now Micheal.

I've had the slimy filter problem for months & it means cleaning the
filters at least weekly.  I'll try raising pH to get rid of it now.

Joanne.