[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #85

<<From: stevensj at calshp_cals.wisc.edu
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 13:09:00 -0500
Subject: Peat & Laterite & airstones

Also, Anne Hull Seales mentioned a "glass-bead" type airstone - are these
the blue ones as opposed to the white ones? - for use for CO2.>>

Hi Joanne - they are white, packaged individually in "blister-pack" hanging
thingies, and in an aquarium shop will run you around $2 each (I think).  I
can't remember who manufactures them - aquarium pharmaceuticals, perhaps?
 The "fine" grade (there are 3: coarse, medium, & fine) gives extremely small
bubbles.  My CO2 reactor gives off a constant stream - I have no idea what
the bubble rate would be without this airstone, unfortunately - but the 2
liter generator lasts 3-4 weeks, if that's any indication.

AHS