[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V1 #76

<<From: rrs0062 at ibm_net (Mark A. Thompson)
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 18:39:07 -0500
Subject: DIY CO2 in 90 gal.

I'm thinking about trying the yeast/sugar water setup [...] but I'm concerned
about the depth of my tank.  My intake is
close to 18 inches under water.  Will the DIY setup produce sufficient
pressure?>>

As long as your seal is good, yes.  I use a drip irigation tap to punch a
hole in the bottle top, cut flexible airline tubing at an angle, poke the
point through & grab it with pliers, and pull hard to get the tubing firmly
through the hole (1-2" hanging into the bottle).  Best seal I've been able to
obtain - and there's no drying/curing time!  My lager yeast brew + this seal
makes a steady stream of tiny bubbles through a very fine "glass-bead" type
airstone (plenty of resistance right there) which is placed 16" deep.

Anne Hull Seales
[my first response on this list - please forgive if AOL or I ****ed it up
:-)]