[Prev][Next][Index]

CO2 and open tanks (was Re:Growing conditions for plants and...)

>So what I'll do next is try to lower the pH a little. The reason why I
>initially aimed for 7.3 and only about 15 mg/l of CO/2 was some concern
>about how long the 1500g CO2 bottle would last. In this big tank (open)
>it's really bubbling away! The rate in the bubble counter is just about
>too fast to count and the valve is open at least three fourths of the time.

I have found on my tank that opening it up has a pretty big effect on the CO2
retention.  My a.crispus are currently flowering, so I have the top of the tank
open on one side.  Since I've done this, my pH has gone up from ~7.0 to ~7.5,
using two yeast generators.  It might be time for me to go with a more
efficient CO2 reactor design.

David W. Webb
Enterprise Computing Provisioning
Texas Instruments Inc.
(214) 575-3443 (voice)		MSGID:		DAWB
(214) 575-4853 (fax)			Internet:	dwebb at ti_com
(214) 581-2380 (pager)		Text Pager:	pgr at msg_ti.com Subj:David Webb