[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: water conditions

    DAWB.DSKPO33B at DSKBGW1_ITG.ti.com (David Webb) writes:

    > Another possibility if you don't want to introduce pond water into
    > your tank:
    >
    > If you have a de-humidifier or air conditioner, it's condensation
    > is purer than rain water (it has less distance to travel through the
    > air, so it doesn't pick up dust).  You could use it. ...

    I've read that humidifier condensation trays are incredibly rich
    breeding grounds for bacteria and all sorts of microscopic flora and
    fauna.  I wouldn't physically touch that water, much less put it in
    one of my tanks.  On the other hand, this might be just a "momily"
    or urban legend propagated with no basis in fact.  You decide.

    -- Keith

    | Keith Brummett            Ofc: 614-860-3187         AT&T, Room 3B202 |
    | w.k.brummett at att_com      Fax: 614-868-4106        6200 E. Broad St. |
    | wbrummett at attmail_com         R,DW,HAHB!          Columbus, OH 43213 |