[Prev][Next][Index]

Gravel Vacuuming

Well, I just use my gravel vaccuum/siphon as best I can inbetween the densely
planted cryptocorynes and dig down about 3 inches--digging any deeper than
that is unnecessary and digs up the laterite.  The uprooting and replanting
of plants every month or so is an okay idea to keep the gravel fresh, but my
cryptocorynes would melt everytime if I tried to do that--and it would stunt
the growth of my echonidorus, too--even though I have a well-regulated CO2
system and good lighting with regular daily fertilization and gravel
additive.  Some plants are just too unforgiving to try to uproot more than
once or twice a year.

Dave.