[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Elec. and Water and a Question

>From: TAYLORDA at aol_com
>Date: Sat, 22 Apr 1995 15:53:42 -0400
>Subject: Re: Elec. and Water and a Question
>
>That speech over, I would like to ask if anyone can tell me the actual name
>for a plant sold to me as an "Octopus Plant"?  Like the name implys it has
>many wild/thin tubular arms and make an interesting focus piece.

It's hard to say without a more detailed description, but I'll venture a
couple of guesses.

Assuming the "tubular arms" are leaves, my best bet would be some
species of Eleocharis (hairgrass) or Isoetes (quillwort).  Both are
grass-like in appearance.  Some species of Eleocharis grow in
totem-pole fashion, one on top of the other.

-Shaji