[Prev][Next][Index]

Problem w/ Hygrophila

I'm having problem growing Hygrophila species in my tank. I tried
both the Hygrophila stricta and Sunset Hygrophila. The problem is that
after 1 month in my tank, the leaves become wrinkled, narrow, and warped
(see the diagram below).

warped (side view):
         ^   up            --
         |              --    --
                      --        --

Does anybody have experiences with this ?

Thanks,
Hardjono

My tank set up is:

- 20 Gal tank
- pH 6.8, KH 2 dH, GH 6 dH
- 50W + 75W heater that keeps the temperature around 76 F
- UGF driven by Aquaclear 210  powerhead
- Whisper WDF 3000 power filter
- 3x15 watts lights (2 Vitalites, 1 Triton)
- mesh#0 (2-3) mm gravel bed, 3 inches thick
- DIY Yeast CO2 injection

Fertilizer:
        - Kent FW Plant Supplement (one cap per week)
        - Kent Trace Element (one cap per week)
        - I also put DuplaRit balls into the substrate

Fish:
        - 5 corydoras
        - 5 rasboras
        - 2 otocinclus