Re: [APD] LED Lights

Cree just announced a new LED emitter that can provide 200 lumens per watt. That's some serious efficiency. An LED system using these emitters would be able to produce the same amount of light as an AH Supply 55W kit using just 24 Watts and last 5 years on a 12-hour light cycle. That's a cost you have to factor when considering LED. Consider electricity and bulb replacement savings. At my electricity costs each 55W power compact replaced with an LED would save me about $95 in electricity and about $75 in bulbs over the life of the LED. So even $800 for the equivalent of 220W of power compact lighting (a moderately bright 72g tank), you are saving money in the long run (not to mention reducing your carbon footprint).