Re: [APD] re light fixture

I just purchased two 9W screw-in LED lamps that are used for terrarium and vivarium.  They are amazingly bright.  I believe that their color temp is 6500K.

I am in the process of building a  vivarium (out of a 20 gallon high) using some emersed grown aquatic plants and some terrarium friendly plants and I cannot really tell you how effective they are for growing aquatic plants in an aquarium.  However, judging from the fact that many dart frog and tree frog hobbyists are growing gorgeous Bromeliads and other plants in their vivarium, I suspect that these lamps should do just fine for small planted aquariums.  I have to ask my friend to let me borrow his PAR meter to tell what the PPFD values are, but I got the feeling that they are much brighter than the majority of the common CF's.  They are somewhat pricey, but it's not bad at all if you take its 40,000 hour life into consideration.

I got my light at this site: http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/
The screw-in LED's are listed toward the bottom of the page.

 On Wed 25/01/12 12:47 PM , Jerry Baker jbaker6953 at gmail_com sent: