Re: [APD] feed living fish

Stuart

Almost every fish store sells "feeder goldfish" or "feeder guppy's". People with Arowanas, Oscars, piranhas etc. feed their fish. People with snakes feed living mice, although my friend kills his mice first for fear of his snake being harmed by the mouse.

I gave my friend some stunted Neolamprologus leleupi for his Arowanas. They ate about 5 out of 30 or so when first added to the tank. Now after about 8 months the fry have grown larger and bolder and started swimming up top. They have been getting picked off as they go to the surface to eat. He also added a colony of Lamprologus multifasciatus to his Arowana tank which are surviving just fine-mainly because they never go to the top of the tank.

Here's a YouTube video of the tank soon after adding the leleupi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s90j2b3RiY
Here's where we added more Multi's to the tank. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_8NU5rAFRc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ