Re: [APD] CO2 and Algae (B. T. Forsythe)

I believe Aquatic Scapes wrote this email section below:
If any of these are missing in a higher light aquarium then the plants will begin to release ammonia which will "wake the algae already present in your aquarium from the spore (sleeping state) existence to the flagellate (awake state) existence and begin to attach to the plants.

Can you tell me where you read this?
I've never yet came across any article that claims that plants release ammonia into the water column.

News to me.

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/