> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 14:13:23 -0500
> From: jim <gswinford2 at comcast_net>
> Subject: [APD] prosecuting you for pets
> To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
>
> I think Nick Andrews wrote:
>

> I don't think ANY organization has the authority of law to prosecute you
> or anyone else for what they do with their pets.
>
> Try mistreating any animal and let the local animal shelter find out.
> Or better yet, just watch the Animal planet network.  Yes the powers
> that be can and will prosecute you,
>  and as for me I agree if you're starving a pet or fighting dogs or
> such.  Fish and/or plants, its not so easy to prove maybe.
>
> Jim Swinford

I am not talking about a government agency, but private organizations, such as PETA, ASPCA, etc.  They have no legal authority, only financial reserves to sue you and/or pressure local law enforcement into prosecuting you.  They cannot come into a person's property for any reason without permission, or they are guilty of trespassing.  Out here in the west, they may be shot for it.

Now, if you are abusing animals, you should be prosecuted for it.  Around here there have been a fair number of animal hoarding cases in the last few years, wherein the county went in and took the animals.  Sometimes people get prosecuted for cruelty, but sometimes they were trying to help the animals, but got carried away and in far over their heads.  If they cooperate with the govt, they usually are not prosecuted for cruelty.

Nick A

"You know what I wish?  I wish all the scum of the earth had but
 a single throat, and I had my hands about it."  Rorschach, 1975

temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin
Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then
names the streets after them." Bill Vaughan

"The price of apathy
towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato