Re: [APD] CO2 and Algae

I assume CO2 supplementation would increase the growth of "algae" as well,
to a point.  However, I think they actually say higher plants are not able
to compete with "algae" when there is an abundance of nutrients. When
nutrients are limited higher plants are able to remobilize the nutrients
within themselves, while algae are generally not able to do so.
Furthermore, higher plants probably cannot exchange CO2 as readily as
"algae" that are single-cellular or filamentous, so they will benefit more
at higher concentrations of CO2 than algae.  If this is the case, increasing
CO2 levels would make the other nutrients limiting for algae, while for
plants the conditions may become more optimal.

Maybe?

JE