Re: [APD] Rhododendron branches

Mary

I used to be a beekeeper years ago. I read in a book called The Hive and the Honeybee, I think published by Dadant and Son, and in the chapter on various honey produced from plants they stated Rhododendron honey is poisonous to humans but will not harm the bees. This book has been used as a textbook for college courses in Apiculture so it is a well documented authoritative text book.

I think the idea of testing the wood in a tank with feeder fish is an excellent idea. Let us know what you come up with.

Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ> Message: 7> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:38:03 -0500> From: "Mary Sweeney" <mrylln at verizon_net>> Subject: [APD] Rhododendron branches> To: <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>> > Has anyone ever used rhododendron branches in aquaria? I have a good supply,> and could see them covered with various mosses if they were aquarium-safe.> > Best fishes,> Mary Sweeney