Re: [APD] Getting shot of Nitrate Xperiment

I believe Robert T. Ricketts wrote this email section below:
> Stuart Halliday wrote in response to a discussion of bacterial inoculation
> by commercial potting medium of rockwool:

>> Can you buy dry rock wool somewhere?
>
> It is not the material itself; it is the fact that it was in a circulating
> nutrient solution for weeks during the development of the transplants to
> sale size.  Any porous filter medium would do the same.

Sure I understand that. It's just that it's commercially used by the trade
so should be cheap and easy to obtain.

 > [cut]
> flow with dissolved nutrients - in other words, in a filter.

Very good points to remember.

>  Or just use
> "conditioned" filter material from an established tank.  But if novices
> don't have such, they can buy a potted plant. FAN plants are common in my
> area, In Europe, Tropica would be comparable, as theirs are similarly potted

FAN?
:-)

> I did a note on this, but it has not been widely accepted, as it is a but
> more up-front requirement, and more care in the process:

> http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/forum/index.php/topic,10740.0.html

Nice article. Can I use it on the The Aquarium Wiki Encyclopaedia?

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/