Re: [APD] Animal Mutiliation

"Maybe Bill was just politely trolling? ;-))"

<g>  No, I truly believe in what I say.

I cannot understand how someone can argue that cutting the part of tail off
of dog is somehow more harmful to teh dog than cutting off his testicles.
It just boggles my mind.

The argument about "hundreds of millions of unwanted puppies and kittens
starving to death" has a nice ring to it, but it doesn't really have any
merit.  An early death is also true of animals in the wild.

If a kitten can enjoy the care of his mother for even a month or so, that
kitten and his mother are better off than they would have been had he not
been born, even though he might die young.

I think we should be careful about thinking that if something is unpleasant
to us, that must also be unpleasant to cats and dogs.  It isn't.  For
example, most people would think it strange and unpleasant deep snow in
their birthday suits.  But this dog  . .
http://www.maniacworld.com/dog-having-a-blast-in-the-snow.html

Why do people get so emotional about this?  Emotion shuts off the thought
process.

I think one of the biggest problems today is caused by people who buy dogs
without knowing much about the breed except its appearance, let looking at
its pedigree.  IMO, the best pet dogs are those that have field trial or
obedience championships in their ancestry, not bench championships, which
can be won by dogs without brains if they conform closely to breed
standards.

Bill