[APD] Dogs

Bill wrote:

>> Cutting off part of a tail or shortening the ears of a dog, neither of which
>> harms the animal, is called "mutilation" and is illegal, but cutting off the
>> testicles and surgically removing the ovaries is responsible pet keeping?
>>
>> That kind of thinking makes me ill.
>

>I disagree. Mutilating your pets in order to prevent, or lessen, the....

What do you think the dogs would say? ;)

Don't get me wrong, I worked at an animal shelter years ago and still remember countless animals that I helped euthanize. That being said, if the dog feels no pain, isn't it human vanity to pass these laws so that we feel enlightened? And, just in case I'm wrong, I'm going to go donate $50 to the local shelter, so please don't flame me. Happy holidays.

--
Confidential Note: Since e-mail messages sent between parties are transmitted over the Internet, we cannot assure that e-mail messages are entirely secure.  Please use caution in transmitting information that you consider confidential.  If uncomfortable with the risks of inadvertent disclosure of e-mailed material, feel free not to use e-mail to communicate with us. Unless told otherwise, however, we will continue to communicate by e-mail. All of our messages are covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 §§ U.S.C. 2510-2522.  This e-mail message is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information that is confidential and subject to the attorney-client privilege.  This e-mail should not be forwarded to anyone else; confidentiality and privilege may be lost. If you received this message in error, please notify the person sending the message of the error.  Retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message by someone other than the intended recipient is expressly prohibited. Thank you.