Re: [APD] Cycling

I usually put in a new filter into an old tank and let it run parallel for a few weeks. When I need a new tank for fry or new stock, I just use this filter and and I have an almost cycled tank. A little bit of ammonia locking agent is used if needed.

I learnt from some young aquarists here that they seed the tank from an old one and then add ammonia to the fishless tank and keep adding till the ammonia drops to zero and slowly add fish.

--
Raj, vu2zap
Bengaluru, South India.