[APD] Stocking Levels

I have a 7-gallon bowfront that's been languishing for several years with
plants doing their own thing and no fish.  Suddenly I have the urge to redo
and restock it.  So I looked at this year's small tanks in the AGA contest,
thinking there might be some inspiration there.  What struck me most about
the small tanks, however, was the high fish numbers in almost all of
them.  Yes, they're small fish, but I think I counted 20-30 fish in the
majority of the ones equal to or pretty equivalent to my 7-gallon.  Has the
inch per gallon rule just gone bye the bye in the last several years?  Are
such high stock levels sustainable?

Ellen O'Connell
Parker, Colorado
mailto:oconnel4 at ix_netcom.com