In a message dated 10/13/2008 12:08:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com writes:

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:36:02 -0400
From: "Jerry Smith" <jerrytheplater at hotmail_com>
Subject: Re: [APD] Damn snails
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com

Stuart

I agree about the overfeeding. I know someone in the NJAGC that manages his
MTS population by controlling the amount of food he puts in the tank. I am
pretty sure he doesn't have any loaches either. It works really well. He
hardly has any there and the tank is set up for a few years already. It is a
high tech CO2 tank with a lower pH, but I don't know the parameters re Total
hardness and alkalinity.

I was able to get rid of MTS completely using Yoyo loaches
http://www.loaches.com/species-index/botia-almorhae , but it took almost a
year.

Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ

Clown loaches will do the trick as well.

Gerry Skau
All The World's A Stage, But The Play Is Badly Cast---Oscar Wilde