Re: [APD] T8 LED tubes drop in replacements

I believe Jerry Baker wrote this email section below:
> Stuart Halliday wrote:
>> Had to happen of course.
>> Nice to see the first ones becoming available.
>
> Are they measuring the lumens at the emitter, or what actually comes out
> of the light? LED manufacturers are famous for overstating their lumens
> by measuring right at the emitter, which doesn't always correlate to the
> real world experience.

A no brainer really isn't it?
Engineers may give a real-world figure.
But by the time Marketing gets hold of it... :-)

Still early days, early days.

One nice idea I saw is making a flat plate LED. Philips have done this.
One huge array of OLEDs in the form of a flat square about 3" square. Rather like a
tiny laptop screen.

That'd allow tank and lighting designers a field day in designing radically new
looking lamp housings.
If I had any money to invest in, I'd put it in a lighting company using these items.
Lighting in the home in the next 10 years is going to be very very different.

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/