Re: [APD] plant trade, sale or give-aways

I've never had any luck with plants (lasting more than 3 weeks)

I spent a lot of time reading about plants and found that with the
chemistry of the water in my part of Nevada, I didn't have much
chance of success.  So I bought 150 gallons of spring water at WalMart!

I set up my 135 gal tank
with several strata (peat, sand, et al) to a depth of 3.5 inches.
Plants did great and so did the algae.

My water in nevada is over 15 dh and 7.7 ph.

I couldn't get rid of the algae, so I did several 50% water changes
using toxic Nevada water from my well.

I bought some swords and they are thriving.

I've got one giant val that's spreading over the tank, cabomba and
crypts slow but healthy.
The hornwort does so well I have to throw it out once a week.

I do have a lot of flourescent light.

Only mentioning this to show sometimes it isn't just chemistry.

Don't have any idea why I'm seeing this success - but I'm sure happy
with it.

thanks
jw