I used malachite green against ich many times, with no harm to plants.

The dose that works well for me is 0.1mg/l every night after the
lights go off (it decomposes quickly under light).
Do a 20 percent water change every next evening before applying a new
dose of the medicine. Continue for three more days after spots are
completely gone from all the fishes.

People usually claim that clown loaches and other scaleless fishes are
particularly susceptible to malachite green and recommend to use half
dosage for them. I have personally never encountered any problems with
clowns with this dosage (and half dosage is quite inefficient against
ich).