Re: [APD] Freshwater Reef, was Tadpoles as algae control

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:15:16 -0400
> From: Richard sexton <richard at aquaria_net>
> Subject: Re: [APD] Tadpoles as algae control
> To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>
>>During the spring and summer months, I like to visit the vernal pools
>>near my house (really, nothing more than large puddles where the land
>>has been cleared but houses have not yet been built) and collect
>>tadpoles. Within a few weeks they're grown and I release them again, so
>>they make enjoyable temporary pets.
>
> Uhm yeah. I've had a couple of "freshwater reef" tanks and the photos
> of all the flying buzzy bitey things to show for it. When I got to
> "water scorpions"
> the thrill of mystery bugs showing up dwindled somewhat.
>
> I'm supposed to trust rare crypts to the local tadpoles? Anybody got a few
> dozen dendrobites 'poles?

Richard,

Having enjoyed reading about & in some respects sharing your sense of
adventure in this hobby, I was wondering if you would give a description,
brief or otherwise, of what you consider to be a 'freshwater reef'.  Such a
refreshing sounding name.  Any input from the group?

Dan, aka: javadan