Re: Oldies but goodies

Hentry wrote:

<From: "" <hhatch at sprynet_com>

<I recently decided to change bulbs on one of my tanks. I went into my
<museum of light and found a couple of triton bulbs. They are quite bright.
<Does anyone know how the output compares to other bulbs on the market
<today. To my eye they look like the rough equivalent of say vho. Also I
<seem to recall that these bulbs automatically shut down when they do not
<put out the full rated spectrum. Is my memory correct ?

<Henry

Yes, they do seem rather bright, and to me have the highest effective output
of any NO tube I have used.  Unfortunately I am out of everything but the
36" tubes (obviously the one I use the least).  For many years they were my
tube of choice.  The output is not "white", but boy do they grow plants for
me. I miss them.

RTR