[APD] Cheap Plants

For cheap plants I'd look at the plants for sale forum at
http://www.aquaticplantscentral.com where you can often find common plants
available for little more than the price of shipping, and some relatively
rare plants inexpensively.  Robert's site, http://www.aquabotanic.com has
relatively inexpensive collections of plants that are good for beginners as
do some other online retailers.  You can occasionally find boxes of various
stem and other plants on http://www.aquabid.com, but I'd say that you are
taking some degree of risk on aquabid with regards to quality -- I have
gotten great plants there but I've also gotten garbage brom people who have
100% positive ratings.

Thing is, when you first start you want the whole tank planted to help
prevent having algae issues.  If you have nutrients in the water and good
lighting but not enough plants to get everything running and balanced, you
can find yourself with an algae pit rather quickly.

What I would do is put together enough money to buy a collection then fill
in with other cheap sources.  You do not have to have rare, hard to find or
tricky to grow plants to have a beautiful tank.

--
Liz